Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What a spouse has to Deal with??

My husband is currently in Iraq. I try very very hard not to watch the news. But sometimes it just makes it way into your life....hence recent headlines,

Two Missing U.S. Soldiers Found Dead in Iraq
Bodies Show Signs of Torture and 'Barbaric' Killing

It really sucks, especially when you haven't heard from your man in about 4 days. I send him an email everyday, letting him know that I am thinking of him and waiting for his email that tells me that I am being silly and not to worry about him. I like those emails, it means that everything is okay. I am sitting here waiting for that email now...how long will I have to wait is the killer. Sometimes this job really sucks and i don't mean damians...being a military spouse sucks, especially in wartime. I really can't stand those spouses that leave their husbands because of the job. I mean what happened to stick by your man? And it isn't like you didn't know that they were in the military when you met them, married them. Women!

2 comments:

dee said...

You know, I think the wifeys and the moms are the worst sometimes! All of those damn people protesting about sending "our boys" "over there", they just make me want to puke. Of course, I think you and I have a different perspective on it than most women, Kel, since we both did the nav-thing.
Newsflash: Those guys WANT to be there. Now, they may really hate leaving their families, and they may not want to be stuck in the sand for months on end, but overall, they are doing what they trained to do, what they VOLUNTEERED to do, what they get paid to do. Get over it already.
When I enlisted, it was at the beginning of the first Gulf War, in '90. I did everything in my power to be over there, but no luck. I stayed in for 10 years, trying to make sure I was in places that mattered. I LOVED it when I was out on the 'Prise, and we were involved in the conflict. I don't mean that I like being part of the air assaults, or liked knowing that people were dying because I was really good at my job. But I really liked feeling that I was finally doing what I was trained to do, and what my country needed and asked me to do. Many people don't agree with the war and that's fine. But many also don't realize that most of the people over there wouldn't be any other place. It's their job. But it's more than that. It's in their blood. I itch to be back in uniform some days. I really do.
And sheesh, this comment is so damn long I should just go on over to my own blog, eh?

Chari-Dee said...

Kel - Praying that you get that e-mail very soon.

Hang in there. And definitely keep us posted!!!

Hugs and Prayers