Friday, May 05, 2006

Deployment...ugh!

So, I just got home from BINGO. Love it..could be a job. And let me tell you there are some serious ladies out there....even my girl Renee and I have our own little 'lucky' charms. Anyway I was pretty positive that I would have an email from my man. I constantly check my email, just to hear any sign of him. Now this is his 3rd deployment and things before have been pretty good. This deployment however he has me all freaked, because he wasn't even there 2 months and he gets hurt. I guess he was to close to an explosion and got knocked out and got some shrapnel in his leg. What does the MC do? Cleans him up and he is back on patrol. Now if I don't hear from him for a bit of time, I am thinking that he got hurt. It gets a bit nerve-racking at times. I never use to worry about him like this before......and now...

Well still nothing in the inbox....poooeey! I hate this constant waiting game. You dont know when they can call, when they can write, or even exactly where they are at. I have made it a habit not to watch the news. I did that on the first deployment and decided that I probably should not pay much attention to it. Although, the one thing that I do like about this distance and deployments are the sweet things that he takes tiime to write to me about:

I got this one the other day, when I hadn't heard from him in a week and I didn't knnow what was going on:
"Baby,You worry to much :) Im a busy man and I finally got a hold of the internet this morning. I got the pic and frame Looks Great!!!!. All is gong well here except for that I miss my best friend."

Now remember he is a Marine and hasn't quite excelled in spelling, but he is my marine. But this is my life, it revolves around my cell and my email right now when it comes to him. I freak if I don't have signal, with my luck, that is when he would call.

1 comment:

dee said...

We are so right there with you.
I know it's rough, but I also know that those return-from-deployment days make it all seem worth it.
Keep safe int he knowledge that your husband is an incredible man that is doing a kick-ass job for his country. As the wife and the family that is stuck behind, you are also doing an amazing thing.
I've known you for years, you've been my very best friend since holding my hand when Mikey was born in '94, and I have to tell you that I'm really proud of the woman that you've grown to be. Things aren't always easy for you, but you still hang in there. You rock, chick!!
I love ya, and I'm here if you need to talk.
Give your big man my love, and kiss those little angels for me.